Wednesday, April 14, 2010

i have been hit. i was hiding in the woods, among the brush, admist the thick wood, where hardly any sunlight could even seep in, holding my breath, waiting, paitently, for the correct, precise moment when we could fire, fighting all false anxieties, all sudden bursts of confidence, knowing each shot is precious, timing, timing, timing. when at last i couldn't resist, when the sun shone right on our target like a laserbeam, the calm steadied our fingers and the fog of nights of waiting, standing, marching, crouching, rolled off our brains, we fired one priceless bullet. it went out with all my best intentions, my blessings, our happy memories, holding hands, sitting by the river, laughing ridiculously, the comedy club, the movie downloads, the stupid jokes, your thin lips and my thick, the hope of our whole being behind it, but landed just to the right of my one and only target, the one and true place to impact you, the heart. he fired back and shot me just there, then disappeared into his own brush, his own new, me-less world. my only reminder of him, now, is the blood that pours on me, warms me, the heart's memories that stain myskin red. he has won the war for now. fortunately i have more ammo.

No comments: